The slightly sour taste of this porridge along with the tantalizing color and sweetness of beetroot will definitely give you a unique taste experience.
This is a mildly spiced dish so that you can enjoy it at any time of the day. Ideal for making for breakfast also for a busy day, when you know you will not eat for a long time. This porridge will definitely keep you full for hours!!
Serving – Serves 1 to 2
- 1 cup porridge mix
- 1 cup beetroot chopped and steamed
- 0.5 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp green chilies chopped (optional)
- 0.5 tsp jeers
- 0.5 tsp coriander powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 0.5 cup slightly sour curd whisked with 2.5 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil to cook
- Health the oil in non stick kadhai, add ginger and green chillies and fry on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and cook till the onions turn slight brown.
- Add hing and jeers and cook for 2 minutes. Add the curd water and salt and boil for 2 minutes.
- Then add the porridge mix and cook on medium flame till the mixture reaches the consistency that you want.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more water and to make sure that it is fully cooked. Add the coriander powder and cooked beetroot, mix well and serve.