This lentil is good to balance all three doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha). It is easy to digest and helps in the elimination of toxic substances from the body.
- Split moong dal one cup
- Chopped bottle gourd – one cup
- Chopper carrot – one cup
- Cow’s ghee- 2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Chopped ginger- ½ spoon
- Asafetida – 1/8th spoon
- Sea salt- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Black mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Haldi powder – 1/4th tsp
- Wash lentils then finely chopped all the vegetable
- Warm ghee in a saucepan and add turmeric and lemon juice
- Now add finely chopped ginger and green chilies and sauté for two minutes
- Now add chopped bottle gourd and chopped carrot and sauté for two minutes.
- Add wash moong dal and around 250 ml of water and sea salt
- Cover it and leave the mixture to boil till the contents are tender enough to be eaten.
- At the time of serving temper cooked lentils with 1 tsp of clarified butter with cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and curry leaves.
- Enjoy your dal with rice or roti.