Ever wondered why Gujratis are proper business people with witty brains and the best business skills.
Because they eat right and one of such staples in a Gujarati household is bhaikdu.
Businesses eat this for breakfast when they know they have to travel far and there would be no food. available to eat any time soon.
Do relish this yummy recipe using our freshly grinded porridge powder.
- 0.5 cup porridge mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp green chillies paste
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 0.5 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 0.5 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 8 to 10 spring curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Combine 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup porridge mix and make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat a kadhai on medium flame and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the jeera seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves
- Once the seeds start to crackle, add the green chilies, ginger and garlic. Saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining one cup of water and salt. Bring it to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling add the the prepared porridge mix paste.
- Mix well to a smooth consistency. Cook further on medium flame while stirring continously.