As soon as we hear the word porridge the same old boring oats porridge comes to our mind… We have made this yummy mixed vegetable porridge with Indian spices that can be made in a jiffy and is an ideal stavik meal. Serve with your favorite raita to make a proper meal.
Serving: Serves 2 to 3
- 1.5 cup porridge mix
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 0.5 tsp ginger grated
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (carrots,
- cauliflower, green beans, green peas).
- 0.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Ghee to drizzle
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the ginger, green chilli and jeera and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped vegetables and saute on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and 4 cups of water. Mix well and close the lid of the cooker. Make sure you secure it properly.
- Cook for 3 to 4 whistles on medium high flame.
- Alllow the steam to escape from the pressure cooker before opening it.
- Serve hot topped with corainder ane ghee drizzled on top. Pair it with you favorite raita to make it a complete comfort meal for you and you family.